Sunday, May 8, 2011

When Good Casts Get Bad Movies!

My Netflix pick for this week turned out to be the film, "Red." I had a lot of hope for this one, because of the great cast involved: Morgan Freeman, Mary-Louis Parker, John Malkovich, Helen Mirren, Bruce Willis and more!


You see a cast like that, you read about the film and see it's going to be that old stand by, "We're getting the band back together," kind of a film and you think there is some hope.


But alas, other than Mirren looking sexy as usual, Mary-Louis Parker as more visual candy than anything else because her character was weak and could have been played by anyone... even Kristen Stewart. And the occasional line here or there, "Red" was not worth a selection.


Now as a filmmaker, I have total respect for the art... see some of my other post on Blogger.com at "The INSIDE Skinny" but as an indie filmmaker I just look at all of that talent up on the screen, know how much they are roughly getting paid and then thinking to myself, "If I had just a half day of the craft services budget for that film, I could make movies for 10-20 years without needing another cent!"


So let me throw this out to you... what are some of YOUR favorite or not so favorite films that had great cast, but in the end, let you down with the final product?

No comments:

Post a Comment