Sunday, December 22, 2013

Tallahassee or Bust! Day 3: What a Difference a Day Makes!

I'm going to start off my whipping away the memories of Fort Jackson Texas... they are gone!  I won't even go into how bad the bed was, or how horrible the "breakfast" was this morning... it's over!

That's because today was ALL about rolling into San Antonio. Now I've been here before, the first time the Memphis Grizzlies made the post season many years ago... it was a very fun and odd trip that included my buddy, "Kevity Kev" almost having to stay here for a couple of days courtesy of the fine Police Officers of San Antonio...
but that's a whole number of stories that I can't get into because there may be children reading this blog.

Anywho, just look at the hotel as I rolled up to it.  It's the, "Hotel Contessa" on the Riverwalk and if you're ever in San Antonio, STAY HERE!!! By far it's the best hotel I've stayed at on the trip. A suite, bigger than my last three apartments it feels like.
 
 
 
I also arrived early, so that gave me time to check out a little of the Riverwalk during the day and an amazing Mexican Food restaurant called, "Casa Rio." Food that tasted so fresh,

homemade and could possibly convert me into a Mexican Food lover. I like it normally... maybe it's right at the end of my top 10 best foods, but if you add the qualification, "Mexican Food Made from Texas" it definitely moves up on the list!




I got a chance to get in a little workout, watch some football and then it was out on the town for a steak and some night time flavor of San Antonio and both didn't disappoint.

First... another David at the Alamo... pretty cool at night.

Then the Riverwalk itself was all lit up for the holidays and it was neat as well.


Finally dinner... starting off with a "Blue Christmas Margarita"


Followed by a steak... no sides, no extras... Paleo Style... just meat baby!

 
 
All in all... the best day of the trip so far!



Coda: (Lotion Picture Day 4)
Hotel Contessa


I think you get a little feel for the "class" of hotel???

1 comment:

  1. Hello and happy Holidays! I am enjoying your blog and updates of the trip. Good luck on your new journey and hopefully many doors will open to you.

    ReplyDelete