Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Tallahassee or Bust! Day 5: Watch Out Burbon Street!

Back in New Orleans for the first time since just before Hurricane Katrina.  The Christmas before the big hurricane, I was working in Memphis and the Tigers football team, led by DeAngelo Williams made it to the New Orleans Bowl... their first Bowl trip in 30 years! 
Our crew came down, Ryan Goble left and Kevity Kev on the right and we worked about 4 days straight and it was a mixture of hard work, a great game that Memphis won, and well... it is New Orleans so we had some fun.

When the tragedy struck, it seemed all surreal to me, because I was just there a couple of months ago. Tonight on the town should be fun.
 

But let me get you started... first the trip from Lake Charles to New Orleans was pretty easy.

I started off the day at a truly Southern fast food joint that always makes me smile, "Waffle House" A nice breakfast to start the day and right next to an iconic place!
 
Now I didn't realize at the time that I had past the faded sign at the end of the road and had gone 15 miles to the:
Yep, a nice little "Adult Store" right next to "Waffle House." So you can get your food on and your groove on all in one stop!

As the drive continued I did stop at one convenient store off the freeway for a quick drink, but you gotta love what they're selling in the store.
Back on the road as I came into town, you got the sense this truly is Bayou country. 

The hotel is nice, the "Crowne Plaza New Orleans."  The room, small but clean and for the first time on the trip, I'm actually staying two nights in one place... it's actually like I kind of have a home for a change!

I had to good meals today. The first, some random place on Bourbon Street.
A shrimp Po boy. It was decent.
Then at night Oysters and a Bayou sampler that turned out to be tasty from the, "LeBayou Restaurant". 
 
It also started the night out right, because that led to a "Hurricane" and "Grenade"...
 
 
 
 
however, the night ended fairly early... just in time to crawl into bed before ole St. Nick arrived.

Tomorrow... Christmas day... hopefully will be a good one.

Coda: (Lotion Picture Day 6)
Crowne Plaza Hotel New Orleans


A slightly different take on the lotion this time, minus the granite... again, lol... AND do you notice anything missing?
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment